March 6, 2011

Have Birthday, Get Cookbooks

Look up at the top of the blog at the count of cookbooks. It says 118. That number's going to have to be revised because my collection keeps growing. And it never grows more than when friends realize how much you enjoy reading cookbooks. The past week has brought me:

Dinner & A Movie Cookbook
Backstage Pass: Catering to Music's Biggest Stars
Food in History
Monet's Table: The Cooking Journals of Claude Monet
Midnight Snacks
The Best Ever Indian
A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook
Kafka's Soup
The Anatomy of a Dish

Confession. Picture me saying this while scuffling my feet, lowering my head and avoiding your eyes. I went to a bookstore. They had used books. I bought cookbooks. I confess I have an addiction to cookbooks, and couldn't help myself. The books jumped off of the shelves and followed me home. Then the Nook I bought as a gift last year came back to me, and I found some foodie books. I'm still avoiding your eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment